In the time it took to read this the following crimes took Place in the US!

0 +
Auto Theft
0 +
Dollar Loss

Woodland Hills Crime statistics

Woodland Hills falls within the jurisdiction of the Los Angeles Police Department’s Topanga Area Division and the Los Angeles City Fire Department. Despite being an affluent community, like many areas, it faces challenges with crime. Each year, numerous burglaries and other criminal incidents occur within Woodland Hills and its surrounding neighborhoods. Coming home to find your belongings stolen is a terrible experience that happens too often.

Law enforcement agencies like the LAPD strive to protect communities, but they cannot be omnipresent. With ongoing police manpower shortages and an uptick in crime rates, the likelihood of experiencing a burglary, home invasion, or property crime in Woodland Hills remains significant. According to LAPD reports, certain streets, including Ventura Boulevard, Topanga Canyon Boulevard, and Canoga Avenue, are identified as hotspots for criminal activities in Woodland Hills.

The rate of burglary in Woodland Hills stands at approximately 977.3 incidents per 100,000 residents during a typical year, translating to a probability of around 1 in 102 of becoming a victim of burglary in this area. Theft crimes occur at a rate of 1,267.6 incidents annually per 100,000 residents in Woodland Hills. Motor vehicle theft happens at a rate of 236.9 incidents. Regarding violent crimes, assaults occur at a rate of 118.4 incidents, murders at 3.9 incidents, and robberies at 67.7 incidents annually per 100,000 residents.

Security systems, like alarms and video surveillance with sensors, deter intruders and protect homes in Woodland Hills, providing enhanced safety for residents.





Auto Theft





According to the latest census data, Woodland Hills, California, is home to a population of approximately 77,902 residents, with a median age of 41.8. Families with kids under 18 are 42%. The demographic breakdown shows that 50.2% of the population are males, while 49.8% are females. Among these residents, 72.4% are US-born citizens, 21.5% are non-US-born citizens, and 6.1% are non-citizens.

Woodland Hills boasts a total of 29,287 housing units, with an average household size of around 2.7 members. Family households make up the majority, accounting for 65.9% of all housing units, while non-family households represent the remaining 34.1%. 

In terms of housing tenure, owner-occupied homes make up 59.6% of the housing units, with renters occupying 40.4%. 

Among those with mortgages, 62.3% are purchased with mortgages. The median value of a home with a mortgage in Woodland Hills is $

991,200. On average, residents spend approximately $

2,935 per month on housing costs.

Education levels among Woodland Hills residents show that 13% hold a high school degree, 26% have obtained a college certificate, and 35% possess a bachelor’s degree. In Woodland Hills, California, white-collar workers make up approximately 86.5% of the working population, whereas blue-collar employees constitute the remaining 13.5%. Families with children comprise approximately 28% of the population in Woodland Hills, California.

The average annual household income in Woodland Hills is $

126,452, with a median household income of $109,058 per year. In Woodland Hills, California, the per capita income averages $51,704. Median earnings for males stand at $72,897, while females earn a median income of $54,392. The unemployment rate in Woodland Hills is reported at 4.9%. This data provides insight into the socioeconomic landscape of Woodland Hills, highlighting its diverse population and economic characteristics.



Housing Units




Owner Occupied


Woodland Hills history

Woodland Hills, California, is situated at the Latitude and Longitude coordinates of 34.1654° N, 118.6090° W. It encompasses the US Postal Zip codes 91364, 91365, 91367, 91303, and 91371, covering an area in the southwestern region of the San Fernando Valley within the city of Los Angeles. Woodland Hills spans approximately 14.37 square miles.

Adjacent to Woodland Hills are various neighboring communities: to the north lies West Hills and Canoga Park, to the east is Tarzana, to the south are Calabasas and Hidden Hills, and to the west is the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area.

Like much of the San Fernando Valley, the area that is now Woodland Hills was originally inhabited by Native American tribes, and evidence of their presence can still be found in the form of cave paintings and other artifacts.

The history of Woodland Hills traces back to the Spanish colonization period in the 18th century. It was part of the Rancho El Escorpión land grant, which was established in 1795. After passing through Mexican ownership following Mexico’s independence from Spain in 1821, the land eventually became part of the United States territory under the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848, following the Mexican-American War.

In the mid-19th century, the land was opened up to settlers through initiatives such as the Homestead Act of 1862, which facilitated the acquisition of land by individuals who lived on and improved it for a specified period.

Woodland Hills became incorporated into the city of Los Angeles when the San Fernando Valley was annexed in 1915, joining the growing urban landscape of the region. Over the decades, it has developed into a diverse and vibrant community, known for its suburban charm, cultural amenities, and proximity to natural attractions such as the Santa Monica Mountains.

Your security is “Alarm 1’s top priority”

 We can help protect your property with an efficient alarm and video surveillance system. Our Security Advisors can develop a security solution tailored to your needs to ensure your businesses and family’s safety. Burglaries can happen at any time of day or night, which is an unfortunate reality.

Our Licensed Affiliates have decades of experience installing video surveillance and alarm systems, and helping clients manage the security at their homes and businesses.

Request Info

Fill out the contact form and a Security Advisor will get back with you promptly and schedule a free estimate.