In the time it took to read this the following crimes took Place in the US!

0 +
Auto Theft
0 +
Dollar Loss

pasadena Crime statistics

Pasadena, California, operates under the oversight of the Pasadena Police Department and the Pasadena Fire Department. Similar to many urban areas, Pasadena faces challenges associated with property crimes like burglaries and home invasions. Factors such as limited police resources and fluctuations in crime rates contribute to the heightened vulnerability residents may experience as potential victims of such offenses.

When compared to neighboring regions, Pasadena’s crime rate is about the same as the average US city. On average, a crime is reported every 1 hour 26 minutes in Pasadena. Homes lacking security systems are notably at a higher risk, being 300% more likely to be targeted for robbery. The annual crime rate in Pasadena stands at 42.36 incidents per 1,000 residents, with varying levels of crime observed across different areas of the city

The central parts of Pasadena, CA, experience a higher incidence of crime, with approximately 1,331 cases reported per year. In contrast, the southeast part of Pasadena sees fewer instances of crime, typically totaling around 212 cases annually. The likelihood of becoming a victim of crime in Pasadena varies depending on the neighborhood. For instance, residents in the western neighborhoods may face a higher risk, with odds as high as 1 in 14 of experiencing crime. Conversely, those residing in the southeast part of the city have a lower risk, with odds as low as 1 in 47 of becoming victims of crime.

The total number of reported crimes in Pasadena amounts to 3,560, with 511 categorized as violent crimes. Burglaries make up 543 of these incidents, while theft accounts for 2,172 cases. The overall property crime count stands at 3,049, which includes 117 instances of robbery and 359 cases of assault.

Considering the provided data, it would be wise to bolster home security measures in Pasadena. This may involve installing advanced security systems equipped with features such as door and glass break sensors, as well as motion detectors. Such measures can effectively discourage potential intruders and help safeguard your property.





Auto Theft





Pasadena, California, is a bustling city teeming with approximately 137,554 residents, showcasing a diverse range of age groups with a median age of 39.1. The population is evenly distributed across genders, with a slight majority of 51% being females and 49% males.

Diversity thrives in Pasadena, reflecting a rich cultural tapestry where 68.02% of residents are US-born citizens, 17.86% are non-US-born citizens, and 14.12% are non-citizens. Family life thrives in this vibrant community, with 38%of residents under the age of 18.

The housing landscape in Pasadena caters to various needs, offering 54,394 units with an average household size of 2.4. Family-oriented living is prevalent, with 56.06% of units being family households. Non-family households make up the remaining 43.94% providing a diverse array of living arrangements. Of these households, 23.77% consist of families with children, while 76.23% are without children. Homeownership is popular, with 42% of units owner-occupied. Rentals make up the remaining 58%, with an average monthly cost of $2,100. The housing landscape reflects a mix of ownership statuses, with 68.69% of units occupied with mortgages and 31.31% without mortgages. The median value of homes with mortgages is $866,600, slightly higher than those without mortgages at $854,600. 

Education holds a significant place in Pasadena, with 21% of residents holding college certificates or degrees, including 29% with bachelor’s degrees and 26% with master’s degrees. The workforce is predominantly white-collar, constituting 91.57% of the total, while blue-collar workers make up the remaining 8.43% Additionally, 11,626 entrepreneurs contribute to the workforce, representing 15.82% along with 56.87% of individuals employed in private companies, and 12.95% in governmental institutions.

Pasadena maintains economic stability, with an average annual household income of $142,697 and a median income of $97,818.

With a plethora of housing options, a strong emphasis on education, and a thriving economy supported by a skilled workforce, Pasadena stands as a prosperous and flourishing community.



Housing Units




Owner Occupied


Pasadena history

Pasadena, California, is a vibrant city nestled at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains. Situated at 34.1478° N latitude and 118.1445° W longitude, it encompasses postal zip codes ranging from 91101 to 91199. Spanning an area of approximately 23 square miles, Pasadena stands as a cultural and economic hub within the greater Los Angeles area, renowned for its rich heritage and diverse population.

Originally inhabited by indigenous peoples, Pasadena’s history dates back to Spanish colonization in the late 18th century. The city experienced significant growth during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, particularly with the development of industries such as citrus farming and tourism. The establishment of institutions like the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) further contributed to Pasadena’s growth and prestige.

Today, Pasadena is an independent city within Los Angeles County, having been incorporated in 1886. It boasts a reputation for excellence in education, with esteemed schools and institutions like Pasadena City College and ArtCenter College of Design enriching its intellectual landscape. The city’s diverse community and thriving economy foster a strong sense of community pride and opportunity, attracting residents seeking a high quality of life and avenues for personal and professional growth.

With its blend of history, culture, and innovation, Pasadena continues to evolve as a dynamic urban center, offering residents and visitors alike a unique blend of charm and modernity. Whether exploring its picturesque neighborhoods, attending world-class events like the Rose Parade, or enjoying its vibrant arts and dining scene, Pasadena invites all to experience its timeless allure and dynamic spirit.

Your security is “Alarm 1’s top priority”

 We can help protect your property with an efficient alarm and video surveillance system. Our Security Advisors can develop a security solution tailored to your needs to ensure your businesses and family’s safety. Burglaries can happen at any time of day or night, which is an unfortunate reality.

Our Licensed Affiliates have decades of experience installing video surveillance and alarm systems, and helping clients manage the security at their homes and businesses.

Request Info

Fill out the contact form and a Security Advisor will get back with you promptly and schedule a free estimate.