In the time it took to read this the following crimes took Place in the US!

0 +
Auto Theft
0 +
Dollar Loss

Moorpark History

Moorpark, California, emerges as a vibrant city cherished for its individual charm and close-knit community atmosphere, nestled in the heart of Ventura County. Situated at a latitude of 34.2856° N and a longitude of 118.8820° W, Moorpark stretches across approximately 32 square miles, offering residents a diverse tapestry of neighborhoods and points of interest. Prominent postal codes include 93021 and 93020.

Originally inhabited by the Chumash Native American tribe, the area witnessed Spanish exploration in the late 18th century. In 1833, the land became part of the Rancho Simi land grant, fostering agricultural development and cattle ranching. The arrival of the Southern Pacific Railroad in the late 19th century further spurred growth, leading to the establishment of Moorpark as a thriving agricultural community. 

Incorporating in 1983, Moorpark embraced its heritage while evolving into a modern city. Today, remnants of its past can be found in historic landmarks like the High Street Arts Center and Strathearn Historical Park, preserving the legacy of Moorpark’s journey from ranchland to urban center.

MOORPARK Population



Housing Units




Owner Occupied


Moorpark radiates a dynamic charm and lively atmosphere, home to approximately 36,443 residents who contribute to its vibrant fabric. This inland community embraces a diverse spectrum of cultures, reflected in its populace, which spans various age groups, boasting a median age of 39.7 years. Gender balance is apparent, with an equitable distribution between males and females fostering a sense of inclusivity.

Cultural diversity flourishes in Moorpark, with a blend of backgrounds: 83.12% born in the United States, 11.52% born abroad, and 5.35% non-citizens. Family-centric living thrives, with 41% of residents under the age of 18.

Moorpark’s housing landscape reflects its diversity, offering 11,839 units catering to various needs. Family households predominate, comprising 79.7% of the housing stock, while non-family households account for 20.3%. The community values homeownership, with 79% of units owner-occupied, leaving 21% available for rental.

Education serves as a foundation of Moorpark’s identity, with 31% of residents holding college certificates or degrees, 28% possessing bachelor’s degrees, and 15% achieving master’s degrees. The workforce is primarily skilled, with white-collar occupations encompassing 83.47%, while blue-collar workers make up the remaining 16.53%.

Moorpark boasts a resilient economy, with an average annual household income of $150,371 and a median income of $125,915, ensuring economic stability and prosperity. Embracing diversity and opportunity, Moorpark offers a plethora of housing options, a steadfast commitment to education, and a thriving economy supported by a skilled workforce.






Auto Theft




Moorpark, California, is safeguarded by the vigilant Moorpark Police Department and Moorpark Fire Department, dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of the community. Like many urban areas, Moorpark grapples with challenges related to property crimes such as burglaries and trespassing.

Compared to neighboring regions, Moorpark’s crime rate is notably lower than the average US city. On average, a crime is reported every 11 hours 5 minutes in Moorpark. Homes lacking sufficient security measures are at a heightened risk, making them more vulnerable to theft and break-ins. The annual crime rate in Moorpark stands at 20.80 incidents per 1,000 residents, with varying levels of criminal activity observed throughout different parts of the city.

Crime rates in Moorpark vary significantly across different areas. The northeast neighborhoods witness approximately 247 incidents annually, while the northwest districts experience only 23. 

The total reported incidents of crime in Moorpark amount to 232. Among these, there were 17 violent crimes and 215 property crime incidents.

Act preemptively to safeguard your Moorpark residence now! Don’t delay until criminal incidents arise. Make the safety of your loved ones and the welfare of your community a top priority by investing in comprehensive security measures today.

Your security is “Alarm 1’s top priority”

 We can help protect your property with an efficient alarm and video surveillance system. Our Security Advisors can develop a security solution tailored to your needs to ensure your businesses and family’s safety. Burglaries can happen at any time of day or night, which is an unfortunate reality.

Our Licensed Affiliates have decades of experience installing video surveillance and alarm systems, and helping clients manage the security at their homes and businesses.

Request Info

Fill out the contact form and a Security Advisor will get back with you promptly and schedule a free estimate.