In the time it took to read this the following crimes took Place in the US!

0 +
Auto Theft
0 +
Dollar Loss


Nestled in the vast expanse of the San Fernando Valley, Granada Hills is situated in the northern region of Los Angeles, California, with precise coordinates of 34.2794° N, 118.5022° W. Spanning an area of approximately 9 square miles, the neighborhood is served by zip codes 91344 and 91394. 

Granada Hills is surrounded by a diverse array of neighboring communities, each contributing to its unique tapestry. To the south lies North Hills, characterized by its residential charm and cultural diversity. To the east, the neighborhood borders Northridge, renowned for its educational institutions and suburban ambiance. Granada Hills shares its western boundary with Porter Ranch, an affluent community known for its scenic landscapes and upscale amenities.

Rooted in a rich history, Granada Hills was originally inhabited by Native American tribes before the arrival of Spanish settlers in the 18th century. This period marked the beginning of colonial influence in the area. In the early 20th century, Granada Hills experienced rapid growth, spurred by the development of the San Fernando Valley and the establishment of vital infrastructure such as the Los Angeles Aqueduct.

Granada Hills offers tranquil residential enclaves, providing an ideal retreat for families and professionals seeking a serene living environment.




Housing Units




Owner Occupied


Granada Hills is a populous community with nearly 56,445 residents.

The median age leans towards a middle ground at 42, with a near-even split between genders 49% male and 51% female.

Notably, around 20.8% of the population is under 18, while 17% are over 65 years old.

In terms of citizenship, 74.81% of residents are US-born citizens, with 6.92% being non-US-born citizens. Around 21.3% of Granada Hills’ population is under the age of 18, with approximately 19.9% of residents aged over 65. 

The neighborhood provides 15,522 housing units, with an average household size of 3 residents. Family households constitute a notable portion at 77.45% while non-family units make up the remaining 22.55%. Homeownership is prevalent, with 68% of units owner-occupied, and the rest, 32%, being rentals. Of owner-occupied units, 73.36% have mortgages, with a median value of $785,167. The average monthly housing cost is $2,434. Families with children comprise around 30% of households in Granada Hills.

Educational attainment in Granada Hills leans towards higher education levels, with approximately 21% holding a high school diploma, 31% having earned college certificates, and 25% possessing bachelor’s degrees. A smaller percentage, 12%, holds a Master’s degree, while only 11% have less than a high school diploma. The workforce in Granada Hills reflects this trend, with 82.86% in the labor force, and white-collar professions dominating at 82.86% compared to 17.14% blue-collar workers. 

Granada Hills enjoys a stable economic position, with an average annual household income of $130,281 and a median household income of $108,806. This data suggests Granada Hills is a thriving community with a well-educated populace and a focus on family values, supported by a strong economy and diverse workforce.






Auto Theft




Situated within Los Angeles, Granada Hills falls under the jurisdiction of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Devonshire Area Division and the Los Angeles City Fire Department. Like many urban areas, residents are concerned about property crime, such as burglary and home invasion, partly due to ongoing challenges faced by the LAPD, including manpower shortages and a rising crime rate.

During a standard year, the crime rate in Granada Hills stands at 22.50 incidents per 1,000 residents. In certain neighborhoods, such as the south, the chance of being a crime victim may be as high as 1 in 30, while in the northwest part of the city, it could be as low as 1 in 75. The total violent crime rate in Granada Hills is 2.377 incidents per 1,000 residents, including 0.9976 assaults, 0.9976 robberies, and 0.0271 murders per 1,000 residents. 

Regarding property crime, Granada Hills experiences a total rate of 10.70 incidents per 1,000 residents in a standard year. This includes 3.229 burglaries, 2.725 thefts, and 4.446 vehicle thefts per 1,000 residents. Vandalism occurs at a rate of 2.463 incidents per 1,000 residents, while identity theft is reported at 0.8692 incidents per 1,000 residents.

Residents can enhance safety by installing expert-grade alarm and video surveillance systems prepared with door sensors, glass break sensors, and motion detectors. These advanced measures efficaciously deter intruders and guard homes and valuables in Sherman Oaks.

Your security is “Alarm 1’s top priority”

 We can help protect your property with an efficient alarm and video surveillance system. Our Security Advisors can develop a security solution tailored to your needs to ensure your businesses and family’s safety. Burglaries can happen at any time of day or night, which is an unfortunate reality.

Our Licensed Affiliates have decades of experience installing video surveillance and alarm systems, and helping clients manage the security at their homes and businesses.

Request Info

Fill out the contact form and a Security Advisor will get back with you promptly and schedule a free estimate.