In the time it took to read this the following crimes took Place in the US!

0 +
Auto Theft
0 +
Dollar Loss

North Hills History

North Hills, California, is a vibrant community nestled within the heart of the San Fernando Valley. Its geographic coordinates lie at 34.2356° N latitude and 118.4849° W longitude, encompassing the postal zip codes 91343 and 91393. With an expansive area spanning approximately 9.14 square miles, North Hills serves as a central hub within the valley, boasting a rich history and diverse population.

Originally inhabited by indigenous tribes, North Hills has a storied past dating back to Spanish colonization in the 18th century. Over the years, the area has undergone significant development, particularly in the early 20th century, when agricultural and residential communities began to take shape. The post-World War II era witnessed a boom in suburban expansion, leading to a surge in population and economic activity.

Today, North Hills is an integral part of the city of Los Angeles, having been incorporated in 1915. It is renowned for its educational institutions, including esteemed schools and California State University, Northridge (CSUN), which contribute to the area’s intellectual vitality. With a strong sense of community pride and a bustling economy, North Hills continues to thrive as a diverse and dynamic neighborhood, offering residents a high quality of life and ample opportunities for growth and prosperity.

NORTH HILLS Population



Housing Units




Owner Occupied


North Hills, California, is a lively community home to approximately 50,752 residents, reflecting a diverse range of age demographics with a median age of 37. The population is almost evenly split between genders, with a slight majority of 49.24% being males. Females make up the remaining 50.76% of the population.

Cultural diversity characterizes North Hills, with 56.55% of residents being US-born citizens, 22.09% non-US-born citizens, and 21.37% non-citizens. Family life thrives in this vibrant neighborhood, with 24.7% of residents under the age of 18, contributing to a lively atmosphere. Established residents are also well represented, with 13.7% over the age of 65.

Housing options in North Hills cater to various needs, offering 10,303 units with an average household size of 3. Family-oriented living is prominent, with 78.82% of units being family households. Non-family households account for 21.18% of the total, providing diversity in living arrangements. Of these households, 43.07% consist of families with children, while 56.93% are without children. Homeownership is popular, with 47% of units owner-occupied. Rentals make up the remaining 53%, with an average monthly cost of $2,104. With a majority of homes in North Hills, being occupied with mortgages, totaling 76.06%, and the remaining 23.94% being without mortgages, the housing landscape reflects a mix of ownership statuses. The median value of homes with mortgages is $614,200, while those without mortgages have a slightly lower median value of $589,600.

Education is highly valued in North Hills, with 27% of residents holding college certificates or degrees, including 18% with bachelor’s degrees and 7% with master’s degrees. The workforce in North Hills is predominantly white-collar, comprising 76.02% of the total, while blue-collar workers make up the remaining 23.98%. Additionally, 4,406 entrepreneurs contribute to the workforce, representing 14.38%, along with 69.02% of individuals employed in private companies, and 9.79% of people working in governmental institutions.

North Hills maintains economic stability, with an average annual household income of $99,168 and a median income of $76,924. Individuals aged 25 to 44 earn a median income of $65,851, while those between 45 and 64 years old have a higher median wage of $87,208. Conversely, individuals younger than 25 and those older than 65 earn median incomes of $58,750 and $58,889, respectively. With a variety of housing options, a strong emphasis on education, and a thriving economy supported by a skilled workforce, North Hills stands as a prosperous and flourishing community. 






Auto Theft




North Hills, falls under the jurisdiction of the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles City Fire Department. Much like other urban areas, North Hills grapples with issues related to property crimes such as burglaries and home invasions. Challenges like limited police resources and an uptick in crime rates contribute to the heightened vulnerability residents may face in becoming victims of such offenses.

Compared to neighboring regions, the rate of crime in North Hills is higher than the average US city. On average, a crime is reported every 1 hour 25 minutes in North Hills. Homes lacking security systems are at a significantly higher risk, being 300% more likely to be targeted for robbery. The annual crime rate in North Hills stands at 59.76 incidents per 1,000 residents, with variations observed across different parts of the neighborhood. In North Hills, the southern areas witness a higher frequency of crimes, with approximately 1,859 incidents per year, compared to the northeast section, which typically sees only about 212 cases annually. Your likelihood of falling victim to crime in North Hills could be as high as 1 in 15 in the eastern neighborhoods, or as low as 1 in 27 in the northwestern part of the city.   

North Hills experiences a total violent crime rate of 5.508 incidents per 1,000 residents annually, including 2.990 for assault, 2.087 for robbery, 0.0297 for murder, and 0.4018 for rape. Property crimes contribute to a total rate of 22.55 incidents per 1,000 residents annually, comprising 10.50 incidents of theft, 6.582 incidents of vehicle theft, and 5.172 incidents of burglary, with the rate of vandalism amounting to approximately 5.045 incidents per 1,000 residents per year.

Given these figures, it’s wise to strengthen home security measures in North Hills. Installing advanced security systems equipped with features such as door and glass break sensors, along with motion detectors, can effectively, discourage potential intruders and safeguard your assets.

Your security is “Alarm 1’s top priority”

 We can help protect your property with an efficient alarm and video surveillance system. Our Security Advisors can develop a security solution tailored to your needs to ensure your businesses and family’s safety. Burglaries can happen at any time of day or night, which is an unfortunate reality.

Our Licensed Affiliates have decades of experience installing video surveillance and alarm systems, and helping clients manage the security at their homes and businesses.

Request Info

Fill out the contact form and a Security Advisor will get back with you promptly and schedule a free estimate.