In the time it took to read this the following crimes took Place in the US!

0 +
Auto Theft
0 +
Dollar Loss

Camarillo History

Camarillo, California, stands out as a lively city treasured for its distinctive allure and tight-knit community ambience, nestled within Ventura County. Positioned at a latitude of 34.2164° N and a longitude of 119.0376° W, Camarillo spans roughly 19 square miles, presenting residents with a rich array of neighborhoods and attractions. Notable postal codes encompass 93010 and 93012.

Camarillo boasts a compelling history steeped in exploration, settlement, and growth. Originally inhabited by the Chumash Native American tribe, the region witnessed Spanish colonization in the late 18th century, leading to the establishment of ranchos and agricultural endeavours. In 1875, Juan Camarillo acquired vast land holdings in the area, laying the foundation for the city that bears his name. The arrival of the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1898 further spurred development, transforming Camarillo into a thriving agricultural community known for its citrus and walnut orchards.

Incorporating as a city in 1964, Camarillo continued to evolve, embracing industries such as aviation and technology. Today, traces of its rich heritage can be found in historic landmarks like the Camarillo Ranch House, preserving the legacy of Camarillo’s journey from ranchland to the modern city.

CAMARILLO Population



Housing Units




Owner Occupied


Camarillo exudes a vibrant allure and spirited ambiance, home to approximately 68,583 residents who contribute to its dynamic essence. This coastal community embraces a rich tapestry of cultures, reflected in its diverse populace spanning various age groups, with a median age of 40.5 years. Gender harmony prevails, fostering an inclusive environment for all.

Cultural variety thrives in Camarillo, with a fusion of backgrounds: 83.75% were born in the United States, 11.15% were born abroad, and 5.1% were non-citizens. Family-centric living flourishes, with 40% of residents under the age of 18.

Camarillo’s housing landscape mirrors its diversity, offering 26,927 units tailored to various needs. Family households dominate, constituting 68.76% of the housing standard, while non-family households make up the remaining 31.24%. The community places a premium on homeownership, with 65% of units owner-occupied, leaving 35% available for rental.

Education serves as the foundation of Camarillo’s identity, with 34% of residents holding college certificates or degrees, 26% possessing bachelor’s degrees, and 17% achieving master’s degrees. The workforce is predominantly skilled, with white-collar occupations encompassing 86.47% while blue-collar workers make up the remaining 13.53%.

Camarillo boasts a vigorous economy, with an average annual household income of $130,976 and a median income of $102,789, ensuring economic resilience and prosperity. Embracing diversity and opportunity, Camarillo offers an array of housing choices, a steadfast dedication to education, and a thriving economy supported by a skilled workforce. 

CAMARILLO Crime Statistics





Auto Theft




Camarillo, California, is shielded by the vigilant Camarillo Police Department and Ventura County Fire Department, committed to ensuring the security and welfare of the community. Like many urban areas, Camarillo faces challenges related to property crimes such as burglaries and intruding.

Compared to neighboring regions, Camarillo boasts a crime rate significantly lower than the average US city. On average, a crime is reported every 5 hours 3 minutes in Camarillo. Homes lacking adequate security measures are at an increased risk, rendering them more susceptible to theft and intrusions. The annual crime rate in Camarillo stands at 20.44 incidents per 1,000 residents, with varying levels of criminal activity observed across different parts of the city.

Crime rates in Camarillo exhibit significant variation across different areas. The western neighborhoods witness approximately 313 incidents annually, while the northeast part experiences only 124.

The total reported incidents of crime in Camarillo amount to 950. Among these, there were 38 violent crimes and 912 property crime incidents.

Be proactive in safeguarding your Camarillo residence today! Don’t wait for criminal incidents to happen. Ensure the safety of your loved ones and your community’s well-being by investing in comprehensive security measures now.

Your security is “Alarm 1’s top priority”

 We can help protect your property with an efficient alarm and video surveillance system. Our Security Advisors can develop a security solution tailored to your needs to ensure your businesses and family’s safety. Burglaries can happen at any time of day or night, which is an unfortunate reality.

Our Licensed Affiliates have decades of experience installing video surveillance and alarm systems, and helping clients manage the security at their homes and businesses.

Request Info

Fill out the contact form and a Security Advisor will get back with you promptly and schedule a free estimate.