In the time it took to read this the following crimes took Place in the US!

0 +
Auto Theft
0 +
Dollar Loss

Simi Valley History

Simi Valley, located in the scenic landscape of Ventura County, radiates a unique charm and community spirit. Positioned at 34.2694° N latitude and 118.7815° W longitude, Simi Valley spans approximately 41 square miles, providing its inhabitants with an array of distinct neighborhoods and amenities. Prominent postal codes within the city encompass 93063, 93065, and 93094.

Simi Valley’s history is rich and diverse, reflecting its evolution from ancient Native American settlements to a thriving modern city. Originally inhabited by the Chumash and Tongva peoples, the area witnessed the arrival of Spanish explorers in the 18th century. The land later became part of the Rancho Simi, a Spanish land grant bestowed upon the Pico family in the early 19th century.

Throughout the 20th century, Simi Valley transformed from a primarily agricultural region into a suburban community. The city experienced rapid growth following World War II, fueled by an influx of residents seeking the tranquility of its picturesque surroundings.

Today, Simi Valley thrives as a dynamic city, blending its rich cultural heritage with modern amenities, making it a vibrant and sought-after place to live and visit.

SIMI VALLEY Population



Housing Units




Owner Occupied


Simi Valley settled in the picturesque landscapes of Ventura County, exudes vibrancy and dynamism, boasting a population of approximately 125,768 residents. The city celebrates its diverse tapestry, welcoming individuals from all walks of life, with a median age of 41.0 years. Gender parity is evident, with an equal distribution between males and females.

Cultural diversity thrives in Simi Valley, with 81.25% of residents born in the United States, 12.57% addressing from international origins, and 6.18% classified as non-citizens. Family-oriented living flourishes in this lively community, with 40% of residents under the age of 18.

Simi Valley’s housing landscape is varied, offering 45,230 residences with an average household size of 3. Family households predominate, comprising 70.55% of the total, while non-family households make up the remaining 29.45%. Homeownership is prevalent, with 73% of properties owner-occupied, while rentals constitute the remaining 27%.

Education holds a paramount place in Simi Valley, with 35% of residents holding college certificates or degrees

24% possessing bachelor’s degrees, and 12% with master’s degrees. The workforce is predominantly white-collar, constituting 82.9% of the population, while blue-collar workers make up the remaining 17.1%

Economic prosperity flourishes in Simi Valley, with an average annual household income of $127,827 and a median income of $102,627.






Auto Theft




In Simi Valley, California, safety is paramount, with the diligent work of the Simi Valley Police and Ventura County Fire Departments. However, like many cities, Simi Valley faces challenges such as theft and break-ins due to changing crime patterns and varying law enforcement presence. Residents must remain vigilant to ensure community security.

Compared to neighboring communities, Simi Valley’s crime rate is slightly lower than the average US city. On average, a crime is reported every 2 hours 9 minutes in Simi Valley. Dwellings lacking adequate security measures are particularly susceptible to burglaries. The annual crime rate in Simi Valley stands at 30.96 per 1,000 residents, with varying levels of criminal activity observed throughout the city.

In Simi Valley, the majority of crimes occur in the northeast districts, with approximately 869 incidents reported annually. Conversely, the southeast region experiences fewer instances of crime, averaging only 80 incidents per year.

The probability of becoming a victim of crime in Simi Valley varies significantly. It may be as high as 1 in 23 in certain northeast neighborhoods, yet as low as 1 in 45 in the southern part of the city.

In Simi Valley, a total of 1,188 incidents were reported. Among these, there were 22 cases of rape, 17 instances of robbery, 78 reports of assault, and 2 reports of murder resulting in a total of 119 violent crimes. Property crimes constitute the majority, with 174 reported burglaries, 791 thefts, and 104 vehicle thefts, amounting to a total of 1,069 property crime incidents.

Take proactive steps to protect your Simi Valley home! Investing in a dependable alarm system is essential to safeguarding your family and contributing to the overall security of the community.

Your security is “Alarm 1’s top priority”

 We can help protect your property with an efficient alarm and video surveillance system. Our Security Advisors can develop a security solution tailored to your needs to ensure your businesses and family’s safety. Burglaries can happen at any time of day or night, which is an unfortunate reality.

Our Licensed Affiliates have decades of experience installing video surveillance and alarm systems, and helping clients manage the security at their homes and businesses.

Request Info

Fill out the contact form and a Security Advisor will get back with you promptly and schedule a free estimate.