In the time it took to read this the following crimes took Place in the US!

0 +
Auto Theft
0 +
Dollar Loss

Oxnard History

Oxnard, California, stands as a dynamic city celebrated for its unique character and tight-knit community vibe, nestled within Ventura County. Positioned at a latitude of 34.1975° N and a longitude of 119.1771° W, Oxnard sprawls across roughly 40 square miles, providing locals with an array of distinct neighborhoods and attractions. Notable postal codes encompass 93030, 93033, and 93035.

Oxnard, California, boasts a rich and multifaceted history deeply intertwined with its agricultural roots and cultural heritage. Founded in 1903 by entrepreneur Henry T. Oxnard, the city initially thrived as a sugar beet farming community, spurred by the establishment of the American Beet Sugar Company. This agricultural prosperity spurred rapid growth and development, transforming Oxnard into a vital economic hub within Ventura County.

 Over the years, the city diversified its agricultural output, incorporating strawberries, lima beans, and other crops into its farming landscape. Additionally, Oxnard’s strategic coastal location facilitated the growth of its fishing industry, further bolstering its economic significance. Today, Oxnard proudly preserves its heritage through various museums, historical landmarks, and cultural events, honoring its past while embracing a vibrant future.

OXNARD Population



Housing Units




Owner Occupied


Oxnard displays a vibrant spirit and dynamic energy, home to approximately 207,722 residents who contribute to its diverse tapestry. This coastal community embraces a mosaic of cultures, reflected in its population, which spans various age groups, boasting a median age of 32.8 years. Gender parity is evident, with a harmonious balance between males and females fostering inclusivity.

Cultural richness thrives in Oxnard, with a melting pot of backgrounds: 65.25% born in the United States, 16% born abroad, and 18.75% non-citizens. The city pulses with family-centered living, with 46% of residents under the age of 18.

Oxnard’s housing landscape mirrors its diversity, offering 54,482 units catering to varied needs. Family households take center stage, constituting 80.79% of the housing stock, while non-family households claim 19.21%. The community embraces homeownership, with 55% of units owner-occupied, leaving 45% available for rental.

Education serves as a keystone of Oxnard’s identity, with 25% of residents holding college certificates or degrees, 14% possessing bachelor’s degrees, and 6% achieving master’s degrees. The workforce is predominantly skilled, with white-collar occupations encompassing 61.73%, while blue-collar workers make up the remaining 38.27%. 

Oxnard boasts a robust economy, with an average annual household income of $97,990 and a median income of $83,180, ensuring economic resilience and prosperity. Embodying diversity and opportunity, Oxnard offers a myriad of housing choices, a strong commitment to education, and a thriving economy supported by a skilled workforce.  






Auto Theft




In Oxnard, California, the vigilant Oxnard Police Department and Oxnard Fire Department work tirelessly to ensure the safety and security of the community. Like many urban areas, Oxnard faces challenges related to property crimes such as break-ins and trespassing. 

Compared to neighboring regions, Oxnard’s crime rate is slightly lower than the average US city. On average, a crime is reported every 18 minutes in Oxnard. Homes lacking adequate security measures are at a heightened risk, rendering them more susceptible to theft and burglary attempts. The annual crime rate in Oxnard stands at 33.41 incidents per 1,000 residents, with varying levels of criminal activity observed across different areas of the city.

Crime rates in Oxnard exhibit considerable variation. The southwest districts witness approximately 4,999 incidents annually, whereas the north part experiences only 1,501. In Oxnard, the chance of falling victim to crime fluctuates significantly depending on the specific locality.

The total reported incidents of crime in Oxnard amount to 4,687. Among these, a total of 824 violent crimes and 3,863 property crime incidents.

Take active measures to safeguard your Oxnard residence now! Don’t wait for criminal activities to occur. Prioritize the safety of your loved ones and the welfare of your community by investing in effective security measures today.

Your security is “Alarm 1’s top priority”

 We can help protect your property with an efficient alarm and video surveillance system. Our Security Advisors can develop a security solution tailored to your needs to ensure your businesses and family’s safety. Burglaries can happen at any time of day or night, which is an unfortunate reality.

Our Licensed Affiliates have decades of experience installing video surveillance and alarm systems, and helping clients manage the security at their homes and businesses.

Request Info

Fill out the contact form and a Security Advisor will get back with you promptly and schedule a free estimate.